A (somewhat) daily rambling on the life of a polymer Clay metal clay and Fused Glass artist/teacher/author.

Very soon my blog will move to my website...as soon as it is done that is. This blog will be my Theatrical life of directing The Secret Garden

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hard Metal History



Every now and then I love to go back and look at my metalsmithing work. Usually it is only in images... most of the work sold. Okay, okay... I kept my favorites. Now that I am not in the corporate/business world, I don't need as much jewelry as before. I can go days in my studio without wearing a bit of baubles ~ or bling.

After eleven + strenuous years as a goldsmith in our gallery I reached a burn out stage. Now all I create with is metal clay, polymer clay, fused glass and graphics.

A Metal clay friend suggested that I join technorati and make connections with my blog. So I need to add some stuff for the connection.
Technorati Profile
Add to Technorati Favorites
So now that this has been done....

The above suite is a multi level work. The base is sterling silver with an oval tubing that supports the 18 karat gold bent metal bezel. The Stones are drusey chrysocholla and I inset diamond set with 14 karat gold bezels. This was a challenge and I enjoyed every minute of it. The pendant has a pin back on it too so I can wear it on a suit lapel or on my neck with a lot of skin.

Must be off to get some organization done in the studio. I am going to donate a lot of stone beads to the M.O.R.E. workshop. I do not do as much beading anymore and I'd like them to go and help the developmentally challenged adults find some more joy in creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment