A (somewhat) daily rambling on the life of a polymer Clay metal clay and Fused Glass artist/teacher/author.

Very soon my blog will move to my website...as soon as it is done that is. This blog will be my Theatrical life of directing The Secret Garden

Friday, August 15, 2008

The Challenges of September.... yikes!



Well, it is that time again. Next month I get to be a featured artist at a great gallery in Placerville. Last month it celebrated it's 16th anniversary. That is pretty darn good. Galleries, in general, tend not to last very long.

So I have been madly making new jewelry. Tripley so, since not only do I need new work for this show, I need to get samples to a Portland, Oregon gallery and prepare for our 22nd annual Artist Studio Tour. The latter is the third and fourth weekend in September and Phil and I are hosting, in our back patio 'gallery', two other artists as well. A painter, a potter and me.

Whew!

In three days I get to go to a fabulous polymer clay retreat at Lake Tahoe in Nevada. Clayville-California's PolyPalooza. I am so stoked I can hardly stand it. I will, hopefully, get a lot of elements made for the September shows. I am giving three demos: how to create shaped tissue blades, unusual lace canes and the Able Cane Slicer(tm). I was honored to be asked, along with Carol Blackburn and Kathleen Dustin, to beta test this new polymer tool.... I am soooo addicted to it. I will post some samples later.

But, for now, I need to make the hand-outs, samples, pack the pc and the clothes.

Clothes?

Better start the washing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment