A (somewhat) daily rambling on the life of a polymer Clay metal clay and Fused Glass artist/teacher/author.

Very soon my blog will move to my website...as soon as it is done that is. This blog will be my Theatrical life of directing The Secret Garden

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Challenging the right brain to organize

Ahhhhh, it is Tuesday the 25th and I can actually see the table top. It has been a challenge to organize and sort and find a place for every little thing I have accumulated for xxxx years.

But it is getting there. The chest/head cold is finally on it's way to someone else and my energy level has gone up. Thank goodness.

I am actually having a good time doing this. Now when I pick up something from the pile on the tables, there is actually a REAL place for it. Imagine that!!! I have been spending money on shelving, an 8' table, plastic containers and labels and more. But, it is looking good.

Saturday I had a chance to take a glass fusing workshop from Donna Milliron. She is an exceptional national instructor. Hasn't been teaching a lot lately and I lucked out. Got to meet Bill Thomas of Bead Babe.com. Donna's husband, Craig, gave us a lamp working demo and my husband, Phil, tried his hand at it. Wowza! He can really do it! I shouldn't be surprised... he is, after all , a sculptor. So, now I have another addiction.

Heh, heh... this is going to be fun.

The thing I have always loved about polymer clay is color.... color, color and color. What I love about the metal clay is the ease of manipulating the material and the resulting pure silver and gold work. But, now, with my enameling and fusing classes behind me, color with the precious metal will be a total reality. I plan on using the fused glass with my polymer too.

Workshops:
Yours truly is getting ready to teach a brooch workshop. One in Sacramento, at U Bead It, and one in Placerville the weekend of April 5th and 6th. Click here for locations, times and costs. This one is my favorite. Check the photos on my March 9th blog. On April 12th and 13th I will be teaching Intermediate Metal clay, again at U Bead It in Sacramento and in Placerville. Coming up April 19th, there is a polymer clay deco box (See March 9th blog again) in Placerville and on the 20th I will be instructing intermediate polymer clay. Then at the end of the month, 25, 26 & 27 I will be teaching a Level I Certification workshop in Metal Clay through Art Clay Silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment