A (somewhat) daily rambling on the life of a polymer Clay metal clay and Fused Glass artist/teacher/author.

Very soon my blog will move to my website...as soon as it is done that is. This blog will be my Theatrical life of directing The Secret Garden

Monday, June 2, 2008

It has been a while....

So, when life slaps you in the face you don't necessarily want to blog. Besides with a family event that just took place, I have been blogging in another way.

Friday May 23 we got the news that my dear son-in-law, Gram, has pancreatic cancer. So the last week was filled with getting information to him, setting up a CaringBridge website for him and joining them last Thursday at a chemotherapy class.

Needless to say, I wasn't in an artistic writing mood.

The good news is that he is a fighter and is in relatively good health. All his blood work came back in the normal range and his family doc said that he didn't look like a man with stage 4 cancer. Also, the chemo class gave us great hope. He is a fantastic guy who has loved, cared for and spoiled my daughter .... big time.

Yesterday I took a bit of time to start my charms for the Charms for Charity event coming up. (See my March 15Th blog.) I am making them of pure silver and fused glass. Hope that the group likes them. So, the artfulness is slowly coming back and it feels good.

Kind of like therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment