A (somewhat) daily rambling on the life of a polymer Clay metal clay and Fused Glass artist/teacher/author.

Very soon my blog will move to my website...as soon as it is done that is. This blog will be my Theatrical life of directing The Secret Garden

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home improvement vs creativity

Yikes!

I am having a tug of war situation. My son is finishing off our back patio and I have work to finish to send off to a Portland, OR gallery for jurying.....

So, yours truly has been out moving my planting station and spending HOURS and HOURS in Home Depot. No one can fathom how jazzed I am at both prospects. This is incredible... I have been bugging my DH for four years now. What I had to do was save my art/teaching money and a small inheritance to pay for the project myself. Do I mind? Nah! It is getting done.

I have been in a polymer phase the past few days, not only because I love it but, I want to send some of it to the Gallery in Portland. I was wearing this polymer DecoBox and one of the staff was impressed enough to get me an application. This is timely too... they only jury in new work four times a year and July is one of them.

So, with everything going on my blogging has suffered....my buddy in N.Y., DebbY has been hinting... love her.

This Friday is our Jewel Carnival time again. I will be writing on my favorite hand tool. Actually it is my newest favorite hand tool.... I developed it myself. So, if anyone is out there, come back on Friday the 11th to see it and read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment