A (somewhat) daily rambling on the life of a polymer Clay metal clay and Fused Glass artist/teacher/author.

Very soon my blog will move to my website...as soon as it is done that is. This blog will be my Theatrical life of directing The Secret Garden

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Almost there... and Super News!


I am not one to turn down a commission... even when I am packing to go to the Polymer Retreat .... tomorrow!

Here is an image of a small (for me- I went to the big school of art) pendant that has a dancing illusion and that is gently arched down the center. It is embellished with a 1.5mm diamond, a trillion peridot and a fresh water pearl. I call her Peridot Dancing. Click on image for a larger view.

The super news is that after I get to the Hilton Hotel Indian Resort (Chicago) next summer I get to play with polymer buddies at the NPCG's (National Polymer Clay Guild) 2009 Retreat. I offered to do a demonstration of one of my new canes/techniques... we'll see.
But, the best news is that as soon as that retreat is over the MCWC (Metal Clay World Conference) starts... at the same location!!! How great is that?. I get to give a pre-conference workshop on setting stones in metal clay. I will be teaching some of the techniques that are in my book. And then, for the next two or three days, I will be giving a seminar on Bench Tricks for the Metal Clayer. And do I have lots of those.

Now I need to breathe....

No, finish packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment