A (somewhat) daily rambling on the life of a polymer Clay metal clay and Fused Glass artist/teacher/author.

Very soon my blog will move to my website...as soon as it is done that is. This blog will be my Theatrical life of directing The Secret Garden

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September Shows

There hasn't been any post recently because I have been frantically creating new metal clay and polymer clay items for two shows.  

Right now I am being featured at the Gold Country Artist's Gallery in Placerville, CA.  So, I needed work for that. Also, this month, we have the Annual El Dorado County Artist's Studio Tour. Now this is interesting, the tour opens on Saturday the 20th for two weekends. That same night I have to run down to the gallery and attend an artist's reception.  Thankfully I am sharing the spotlight with a wonderful mixed media artist, Karen Hunziker. Here is one of her works.

I have been playing, a lot, with my polymer clay using the Able Cane Slicer. I just love the tool. It can be had at polymerclayexpress.com. One can make large canes and cut really large slices... at just about any thickness. I like really thin slices because it makes my canes go farther. Here are a few new works that I just built.

I used Susan Hyde's Faux Fabric technique on these. I call them 'Peruvian cloth'...

In addition to my Artist's Sketchbooks, there is also a covered business card holder and two cross type pens. Later today I am going to cover some wide brass bracelets.  I love this technique.

Also shown are some beads made with this cane and the ACS.  This tool is a must for any polymer clay artist. If you would like to see how it is used in an online tutorial, click here.

But Wait! Before you go.... I have a few samples here of my metal clay work for the shows.

The first is Trapeze Amphora. I have added an 8mm garnet and used fusible argentium sterling silver to hang it on a sterling snake chain.  The next is the second in my series of 'What Attitude?' women. Another amphora. I love that the 'chip on her shoulder' is a gem grade pyrope garnet.  I have been having a lot of fun with these ladies.  Notice the 'neck' tilt?  Is she not having a major 'tude'?
There is a lot more coming from yours truly and I cannot wait to get back into the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment