A (somewhat) daily rambling on the life of a polymer Clay metal clay and Fused Glass artist/teacher/author.

Very soon my blog will move to my website...as soon as it is done that is. This blog will be my Theatrical life of directing The Secret Garden

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The MoJo is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my darling Phil...It has taken me over 22 months to get my passion back for my art since you passed out of my life. Oh, I have been a maker of jewelry, that is true. Yet, the excitement, joy, creativity bursts, passion and sheer devotion to my work has been hit or miss. I hadn't had the fervor of needing to be in the studio at all times.

Well, during the El Dorado County Artist's Studio Tour this past September It came back with a thunderous boom.  I had a sketch of a ring... even had the some of the parts made and the gemstones living in a glass dish.... for weeks. During the tour I had two other artists that worked in glass join me at my home as guests.

I knew I needed fresh work and did make some wire dangle earrings with beads. But during the tour I showed them and some clients this 'work in progress' and while I was talking I had flashes of insights of techniques I could use to finish the project.

So, after the Tour I sat down opened up some Art Clay Silver and processed the ring three times until it all came together just the way I wanted.  Better than I hoped, actually.


I hope the neighbors didn't mind the "whoops", "woots", "yeas" and "wowzers" that came out of my mouth. 

The LEGEND SERIES WAS BORN.



















The next day I made glass samples and realized that I needed a ceramic form. My good friend Chris Navratil came over and GAVE me some ceramic clay and I then went to town and made a new slump form, fired it and put many layers of kiln was on it. I ground the glass, fire polished and slumped pieces over my new form.   I then made new rings from Art Clay and set the glass 'stones' into the rings and fired, polished and took photos.



Happy camper here.

2 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous, Lorrene! I wanted to see a side picture, but I'm guessing you're saving them for a contest/conference, right? Glad to have you back! I'm still on the mojo waiting line... is it my turn yet?

    ReplyDelete